[Bf-committers] A practical proposal for the task of re-licensing Blender

Dan Eicher dan at trollwerks.org
Wed Nov 24 22:56:07 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Alex Combas <blenderwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> But I'm disappointed, as far as freedom goes no one would even notice
> the difference between GPL and LGPL except for people who want to earn
> a living writing software.
>
> LGPL is the best of both worlds.

Yeah, well, other than the people who would notice the 'lesser' freedom.

> I guess the message is if you want to feed your family, then do not waste
> your time with open source unless you want to have a hobby, because
> open source doesn't care if you starve.

Open Source loves you.

Still don't see what's so difficult about writing a BSD 'interface'
layer built on top of some libffi shenanigans. The libffi authors
apparently even care enough about your family's daily food intake to
use 'a very liberal license'.

Dan