[Bf-committers] Status of C++

raulf at info.upr.edu.cu raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Mon Nov 15 22:22:59 CET 2010

I could not give you a precise answer but many Blender modules are
completely written in C++, elbeem fluid simulator is one of them and
besides C and C++ have bridges that makes hybrid code possible.

I do agree with you that some tasks are easier to do in a completely
Object Oriented environment rather than a structured paradigm, readability
will be increased a lot among other benefits, perhaps in the future
Blender could be rewritten under a C++ base only but I don't see that
happen anytime soon, and C is not so bad after all ;)

                           Cheers   Farsthary