[Bf-committers] Status of C++

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Nov 17 14:15:20 CET 2010

Hi,

The convention is that all modules in Blender have a C API, but within
a module a developer can choose whether to use C or C++. It's not very
practical to mix C and C++ within sections, which is a reason why most
of source/blender/ code still is C. A lot of libararies outside this
directory are C++.

-Ton-