[Bf-committers] Selective Tile Rendering

Prashant Sohani prashant.sohani at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 13:14:10 CET 2010

Hi
Often, we make some random changes in, say, an object's material, and render
to see how an object looks. In such cases, we are currently forced to
re-render the entire image, whereas the object of interest may be only in
one corner of the scene. Each time we make a change, we have to patiently
wait while all tiles are generated.. we have no control over which tile is
created first or anything like that.
It would be nice to have a feature where we can specify only certain tile(s)
of our choice to be generated first, so that we can quickly see the effect
of our trial-and-error.

P.S. one way is obviously to move the camera to zoom in on only that object,
but that will change the appearance of some lighting effects for that
object(like the location of specularity); not very desirable.

Any comments/suggestions about this?