[Bf-committers] New blog: code.blender.org (proposal)

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:43:21 CET 2010

Hello,

had too many things to say so I decided to say just two :)

1) Categories

I hope that people use categories well, to find things later

2) Comments policy

There are so many things to read that in the end you simply don't read
anything anymore...

Example: Durian posts --> if I see 175 comments I can expect 95% noise,
like "cool!" comments, and "5%" interesting informations...

There's the same risk here IMO, so I would like to propose that such a
blog has a well stated COMMENTS POLICY (I took this idea from a cool
javascript site I can't remember):

- people freely comment and make questions

- the blog author replies and when appropriate he enhances or fix the
post above

- the author deletes all noisy comments, so that the page is always good
and complete, and we don't have to read noisy comments or things that
have already been fixed in the post

- to say "post has been cleaned up" the author just leaves a comment
like "edited" or so, so we know, otherwise he just cleans noisy comments
and don't leave a "edited" comment.

- if he cleans many times, more of his "edited" stamps also let us know
if/when it's worth re-reading the post

IMO this would result in a beautiful workflow to do documentation:
- wiki people can then use that material as a base for user docs
- devs can use that as a base for dev documents too.

Regards,
Luca