[Bf-committers] documented creating a custom modifier

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Tue May 25 16:12:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

>> I did a quick writeup of my experience creating a custom modifier. It
>> doesn't do anything but printf when its added to an object, but hopefully
>> this post can prove useful to new devs (such as myself ^_^)
>>
>> http://enja.org/2010/05/24/blender-creating-a-custom-modifier/
>>
>> I couldn't find this process documented online. The closest was this
>> unfinished tutorial:
>> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/How_to/Add_an_Object_Type

in wiki, you can start by writing this kind of stuff in your user page
after you take an account there. See
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Special:UserLogin
Once you have done it, others can edit and help you.

When things shape well, you can copy the page in a location like
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Howto/Create_a_custom_modifier
similarly to the pages under
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/How_to
and
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.4/Doc/How_to

For help writing in wiki, have a read at the guides at
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Guides/Writer_Guide
and further pages (see the index at the top).

Regards,
Luca