[Bf-committers] ESC as input key ?

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri May 21 00:30:57 CEST 2010

Hi there,
currently ESC is used to cancel the input in a key button (e.g. Logic
Editor Keyboard Sensor or key settings in User Preference).

In Blender Game Engine however we (originally) have to use ESC as a
detected key for at least 2 reasons [1] and [2].
Is there any solution for that? Or we have to rethink this in BGE?

Cheers,
Dalai

[1] - Legacy :) some people use ESC for custom key command
[2] - ESC is the key used to quit the game. A traditional way to avoid
the game to exit when someone presses ESC is assigning ESC to a
keyboard Sensor and link it to a controller (of course that could be
workarounded, but let's wait the outcome of this email)