[Bf-committers] Console on Windows Build

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Mon May 17 06:24:02 CEST 2010

AFAIK, Windows does not allow this sort of hybrid approach (writing
console output only when started from a console), otherwise we'd have
done it already. Only *nixes tend to do this. On Windows, it's either
an all or nothing - no console or with console compile-time factor.

Secondly, there are still quite a few prints that go directly to the
system console directly, so those would need to be dealt with before
we could completely consider distributing "console" versions and
"without-console" versions.