[Bf-committers] IPO curves mapped to particles life.

malefico malefico at licuadorastudio.com
Tue May 11 17:22:22 CEST 2010

Hi all,

In 2.4x, you could animate the material of a particle, let's say, Halo
Size, Alpha, etc, and this was mapped to the particle life. So if you
animate from frame 1 to 100, you would have that range mapped into the
particle life. This is great to make particles fade out when they are
about to die, etc.

Now I have tried to do the same in 2.5 but so far I had no success. Old
settings just don't work, the material animation is mapped to global
time, regardless of the particle's life. Is there a way to make this
work ? or is it a current limitation of animation system ?

Here's a sample file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3217451/gotas.blend

Render it in 2.49 and 2.50 and see how differently it works.

Thanks in advance !

malefico.