[Bf-committers] The final step that Blender needs to take in order to become fundamentally perfect

nautilus nautilus981 at googlemail.com
Sat May 8 15:34:39 CEST 2010

Here are some extremely good tutorials on Houdini:

http://vimeo.com/user2030228/videos/sort:oldest

http://vimeo.com/5592856

Start with Basics: Selection and continue in a chronological order
until you reach the newest (and last) video, which should be Particle
Smoke II.

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Houdini-William-Michael-Cunningham/dp/1598630822

This book although somewhat old is still considered to be the best
available primer.

These two will help you in understanding how Houdini works and what it
does extremely well. Blender needs to become what Houdini and XSI
(with ICE) aspire to be, an all-encompassing 3d program that is able
to combine non-procedural and procedural workflow as well as possible
for the common user, without forgetting that the ease of use for the
common user is not meant to limit the advanced user, given that the
common user will always aspire to be an advanced user of such a 3d
program - Blender.