[Bf-committers] Text editor: "tab as space" as default? do we really need to push PEP8 that way?

Mike Pan mike.c.pan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 08:54:58 CET 2010

Personally I strongly prefer tabs over spaces, for simplicity's sake.  (a
single tab is much faster than multiple spaces, and is more visible for
indentation)

And for consistency's sake, I think Blender should always defaults to what
most people comes to expect from a code editor, which means tabs are
inserted as tabs, and not converted automatically to x number of spaces.

When someone hits tab 3 times, and then hit backspace 2 times, there should
be exactly 1 tab left (and not 2 tabs and 2 spaces), making the code editor
do anything else fancy is just confusing to users.

-mike