[Bf-committers] New Developer Q&A, Sunday 7th March

Jonathan Smith jajsmith8 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 11:27:51 CET 2010

>This Sunday is scheduled time for new dev meeting, as useful 1 hr
>before normal Sunday meeting.

>Suggestions for topics that we didn't cover yet IIRC.
>- Good first projects: This comes up fairly often so it could help to
>make some lists of good places to start developing, as well as giving
>feedback if new dev's ideas if they are appropriate for starting.
>- Getting SVN access, quick topic, maybe people are interested in how
>devs normally gain svn access, the inclusion of bf-extensions as an
>external directory means we can have python devs who can only work on
>their own add-ons.
>- Debugging basics, how to get a backtrace with gdb, printf, some
>other tools that can be useful for checking memory and profiling.

>Previously we didn't have much time to go over the topics, so this
>leaves time for general Q&A.

>--
>- Campbell

I love these Q and A sessions for new developers however because of School, and my
timezone(+9) I cannot attend most of them, except on holiday's. I was wondering
what people would think if we changed the time to Saturday at the same time (maybe even
the developer's meeting too). Especially what the Projects Admins think(eg. Ton, Campbell...)
Since it's really their decision. However I can understand how people might not have time
on Saturday afternoon. Just a suggestion.
:)

Jonathan