[Bf-committers] Fwd: Relevant Siggraph paper for Durian Rendering request (true 3d motion blur)

Magnus Löfgren lofgrenmeister at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 12:37:13 CET 2010

Let's try this again, got bounced last time, but I wasn't subrscribed to the
list.

Another interesting read on this subject might be these technical pages from
the famous 3d animation/production studio Rythm & Hues:
http://www.rhythm.com/~ivan/mb.html

<http://www.rhythm.com/~ivan/mb.html>IMHO this is crucial for getting
blender internal renderer accepted as a production tool, as of now blender
users are stuck between two extremes. At one end we have the vector blur
technique, wich is extremely inaccurate as far as physically correct motion
blur goes, but wich produces fast results. And at the other end, we have the
multisample, render-the-whole-scene-a-specified-number-of-times. This
produces perfect accuracy given enough samples, but render times goes
through the rough. Imagine a airplane propeller, even 32 samples isn't
enough to produce a result without strobing.

I also found an interesting paper for motion blurring fluids, I can probably
dig it up if someone's interested :)

Best regards,
Nils Magnus