[Bf-committers] Fwd: Relevant Siggraph paper for Durian Rendering request (true 3d motion blur)

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Wed Feb 24 12:59:51 CET 2010

I suspect the kind of jittered sampling used for motion blur in other
renderers is not possible given Blender's rendering architecture.
Maybe if blender had an option to render with pure raytracing.  But
even then, there would have to be a lot of work put in to handle
moving geometry in an optimized way.

I think for "true" motion blur, it's best to look at external render
integration.  I don't see Blender's internal renderer changing its
internals that drastically in the near future.

--Nathan