[Bf-committers] Particle Fluids engine patch at last! (farsthary)

Raul Fernandez Hernandez raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Tue Feb 23 17:46:44 CET 2010

Hi all :)

Here's at last the first public patch of the Particle Fluids engine , this
means that still don't have included the particle surfacing because is
still a work in progress but the engine is pretty usefull in its current
state and particles could be rendered via splatting or using pointdensity
for more advanced volumetric particle effects (remember my pouring moss
tests?) and finally you could use instanced particles to whatever you want
, including metaballs, though those are not replacement for the upcomming
particle mesh surface ;)

I have sended the patch to Jahka for his expert review and commit, and
once integrated in its final GUI form Stephen and me could start writting
down documentation of the many features it have.  I have included also two
quick .blend test files to figure out of the settings

PATCH:   http://www.pasteall.org/11232/diff

TEST BLENDS:  http://www.pasteall.org/blend/1959    and
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/1960

  The main actors of this achievements are Stephen, Jahka and your
servant: Farsthary

will
enjoy
this
part:
Feedback

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Cheers
all
and
THANKS!

PS: in the future the engine may change a bit because I'm researching ways
to speed up simulations by data structures other than the kdtree it
currently use ;)