[Bf-committers] Extrude Popup

Charles Wardlaw cwardlaw at marchentertainment.com
Sun Feb 14 21:09:13 CET 2010

>> I think that both operators being the same is important,
>> but I think the default should be as it is in 2.49 --
>> movement in view space.  The MMB or C press should then
>> snap to normal.  I've been testing my own workflow here
>> and I find that more often than not, moving in screen space
>> is used with a ratio of over ten to one.  Yes, I
>> actually counted. :)
>
> 2.49 extrude along normals by default too, that's why I set up 2.5 to do that same.

Only faces do.  In the case of faces it makes some sense; with verts and edges it, in my opinion, does not.  Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.  But I still end up extruding faces, hitting enter, then hitting G to move entire groups in 2.49 quite often, which is why I think all should be unconstrained by default.  Plus, I think the tool should behave in the same manner in all three contexts.
~ C