[Bf-committers] Is collada work in progress?

Dave Plater dplater at webafrica.org.za
Thu Feb 11 08:23:26 CET 2010

The scripts/unixbuild.sh build works for me but I'm still getting
missing include file problems, I've tried "lndir in the
source/blender/collada directory to link all the collada includes from
their directories in the openCOLLADA sources but before I went to sleep
last night I was still getting errors, openCOLLADA takes a long time to
build. In my spec file, I unpack collada in the root directory of the
blender sources and change to the collada directory, which is named
"openCOLLADA" in my case, and then build it. The directory which the
static libs are placed in by the build is installed-opencollada/lib and
the libs built are :-
libCOLLADABaseUtils.a,  libCOLLADASaxFrameworkLoader.a,
libGeneratedSaxParser.a,  libpcre.a,  libxml2.la,   testdso.a,
libCOLLADAFramework.a,  libConvertUTF.a, libMathMLSolver.a, libxml2.a
and libxml2.lai
Trial and error takes a long time, what should I specify for
"BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIBPATH=", "BF_OPENCOLLADA=" and the one I find the most
difficult because the include files are scattered between different sub
directories in the openCOLLADA root "BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC=". I've
currently specified :-
BF_OPENCOLLADA=openCOLLADA
BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIBPATH=openCOLLADA/installed-opencollada/lib and
BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC=openCOLLADA/, openCOLLADA being the directory
containing the collada sources unpacked in the blender source root. I
will go through Sconstruct and compare it with yours.
I've also found that the scons build of collada get's further with the
latest version of scons, openSUSE is still on scons-1.2.0.d20090113, but
will be on the latest when I submit the new build. The changelog of
scons indicates that it had problems with different versions of python
and I have both 2.6 and 3.1 on my system. Blender-2.50 is currently the
only package that requires python3 in openSUSE.
Thanks
Dave P