[Bf-committers] Is collada work in progress?

Arystan Dyussenov arystan.d at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 09:31:59 CET 2010

Hi Dave,

> I tried the build exactly as laid out in the web page and then tried
PCRENATIVE=no, I've also tried XMLPARSER with expat native and supplied,

"cannot find -lpcre" error should go when compiler can find libpcre.a. When
you build opencollada with PCRENATIVE=no, libpcre.a is created somewhere
under Externals/pcre/lib, it should then be copied into
[opencollada-root]/lib.

> I unpack collada in the root directory of the
> blender sources and change to the collada directory, which is named
> "openCOLLADA" in my case, and then build it. The directory which the
> static libs are placed in by the build is installed-opencollada/lib and
> the libs built are :-
> libCOLLADABaseUtils.a,  libCOLLADASaxFrameworkLoader.a,
> libGeneratedSaxParser.a,  libpcre.a,  libxml2.la,   testdso.a,
> libCOLLADAFramework.a,  libConvertUTF.a, libMathMLSolver.a, libxml2.a
> and libxml2.lai

it's is not necessary to unpack opencollada in blender source directory.

> Trial and error takes a long time, what should I specify for
> "BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIBPATH=", "BF_OPENCOLLADA=" and the one I find the most
> difficult because the include files are scattered between different sub
> directories in the openCOLLADA root "BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC=".

you only need to specify BF_OPENCOLLADA and BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC. For example
I have the following in my user-config.py:

- - -
colladapath = '/home/kazanbas/src/blender/opencollada'
BF_OPENCOLLADA=colladapath
BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC=colladapath
- - -

both variables should point to OpenCollada source root

> I've
> currently specified :-
> BF_OPENCOLLADA=openCOLLADA
> BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIBPATH=openCOLLADA/installed-opencollada/lib and
> BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC=openCOLLADA/, openCOLLADA being the directory
> containing the collada sources unpacked in the blender source root. I
> will go through Sconstruct and compare it with yours.

try using absolute paths instead of relative

Arystan