[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes 26 dec 2010

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Dec 26 16:48:48 CET 2010

Hi all,

1) Blender 2.56-beta

- All seems to be ready for a new beta test build, more stable than
ever!
- Proposal is to call for a release AHOY on wednesday - euro time. We
then can prepare for the release on thursday or friday.
- Yes, we need urgent update on regression test files, is on Ton's todo!
- Splash: a bit late for a contest, we can pick one last cool shot
from Sintel! For next release we can announce a contest again. Need to
revise or reconfirm how to define contests and judging well.

Are the platform maintainers standy this week?

Platform maintainers:
- Linux: Ken Hughes (confirmed)
- Mac OS X: Damien Plisson
- Windows: Nathan Letwory

Roadmap: after 2.56 more efforts will go to the pending 2.5 todos. And
then in 1-2 months maybe a first real almost-finished-no-beta :)

2) Other projects, branches

- Janne Karhu: he approved on Stephen Whitehorn "viscoelastic fluid
particle springs" code, is almost ready for merge to trunk. Not real
"new", but completes functionality for fluid particle system.  Will be
submitted after 2.56.

Thanks,

-Ton-