[Bf-committers] UC status and smoothing status

raulf at info.upr.edu.cu raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Fri Dec 24 16:14:25 CET 2010

Hi

 Since I have performed a research on optimal smoothing algorithm I end up
implementing and experimenting with several of them, along with the
spring relaxation I have successfuly implemented a method called Revised
ideal Length relaxation and , the most interesting to me, the HC
relaxation algorithm as explained in the paper "Improved Laplacian
Smoothing of Noisy Surface Meshes"

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joerg-vollmer.de%2Fdownloads%2Farticle.pdf&rct=j&q=Improved%20Laplacian%20Smoothing%20of%20Noisy%20Surface%20Meshes&ei=m7YUTaaHHIOKlwfM69iUDA&usg=AFQjCNGaN_oE_8SNjGu1PdQrPkJLSPEj8A&sig2=9BxmSrBhWofqJM--Yf87_Q&cad=rja

 but experiments show that there´s no need to implement them all,
moreover, the HC relaxation will be good enough for all the features that
the spring relaxation has. I will be on christmas vacation off my job,
but if i could get connected during next week I will upload more tests
with real objects.

 Regarding Unlimited Clay I´m working very hard to get rid of tiny
stretched triangles that are created when a very detailed stroke enter a
very low/sparse detailed area ... this is another form of aliasing.
 Sculptris does a very good job on this and I need to figure out how to do
it.

Cheers
Raul