[Bf-committers] Windows Explorer thumbnails for 2.5

Tom Edwards contact at steamreview.org
Thu Dec 23 02:21:26 CET 2010

Thanks for that. The files' copyright notice is:
> // THIS CODE AND INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF
> // ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
> // THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A
> // PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
> //
> // Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved
But the SDK license says this:
> You may modify, copy, and distribute the source and object code form
> of code marked as “sample.”
Which I think clears us. With that and Satoshi's Vista testing both
sorted, I've uploaded a GPLed 1.0 release.

One technical caveat: I stop reading/decompressing the file after 70KB.
At the moment that encompasses the thumbnail, but things might change in
the future!