[Bf-committers] Unlimited Clay status

raulf at info.upr.edu.cu raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Mon Dec 13 14:51:41 CET 2010

Hi guys!

  The last step on getting good topology (aside from a good smoothing that
luckily we already have) seems to be some sort of dynamic brush size, I
mean, mesh detail under the brush should be fine enough to avoid
stretching polygons, and also detail transition among adjacent faces
should be smooth and the only way of getting that is with an adaptive
brush radius.

  if the underlying faces on the brush are too big , then the radius will
scale accordingly and subdivide, then scale again to the smaller faces
and subdivide , till reach the user desired radius and perform the full
detail subdivission plus the sculpt action.... this seems to be the
behaviour of sculptris.

  I need to thinker with the sculpt/brush structures to see how could I
implement this.

            I will preciate any help/hint on that from experienced sculpt
devs in order to speed up the implementation.

the goal is to alwyas have enough detail under the brush to perform the
sculpt action and avoid sharp size transitions among adjacent faces.

Thanks in advance
Farsthary