[Bf-committers] patch review - [#25163] BGE support for Blender Font objects - unicode support

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 03:45:32 CET 2010

Hello there,
BGE has no unicode support (and the text support is awkward to use to say
the least). Since Blender 2.5 has the integration with freetype2 (through
the BLF) I decided to give it a try and port the Blender Font Objects into
the BGE.

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=25163&group_id=9&atid=127

I'm still working on the last issues with Diego (bdiego) but the overall
structure is all there. I would like some help reviewing the integration
with the BGE (Benoit, could you take a look at that?) and general testing. I
see this more as a bugfix than as a new feature for I hope it can be
squeezed into Blender 2.5x.

Thanks,
Dalai

www.dalaifelinto.com