[Bf-committers] "Security" gets in the way

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt at internode.on.net
Fri Apr 30 03:13:47 CEST 2010

Roger Wickes wrote:
> 8. Worry about it when something actually happens
> and you have a real case to confront, rather than hyperbole

This is insulting. The developers have already acknowledged this is an
issue. That is why there is the default on security in Blender now.
Waiting for someone to be compromised when the problem is *known* is
callous and irresponsible.

Saying that we delay a solution until we have time to look into it
properly is practical. Saying we shouldn't do anything until someone is
hurt by it is lazy and unethical.

"Yeah, we knew there was a problem with the brakes. But we thought we'd
worry about it when something actually happened and had a real case to
confront"