[Bf-committers] Texture assignment workflow is confusing

Damir Prebeg blend.factory at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 13:07:53 CEST 2010

On 26 April 2010 10:34, Colby Klein <shakesoda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a particular problem with just making a switch in the texture
> panel itself to go between world and materials?
>
> I think that's better than duplicating anything and it's much less obscure
> than changing based on the previous panel.

Hm, as I see and understand things, your proposal IS in fact creation of
duplicated settings in texture buttons, one for world and one for material
and I don't want that.
I just want to be able to assign some texture to material and to world as
I've could before, directly from material or world buttons.

@Joshua,

I know the issues with walking between material and texture buttons in 2.4x,
that was the part of bigger issues of old Blender UI that needed to be
solved in 2.5x...
But I hoped that new UI will be more... hm, will take in account some common
sense but I'm afraid that current solution isn't a solution, current
solution is a problem.
Don't get me wrong, I'm taking a hat for devs and their big efforts, but a
lot of current UI solutions makes more problems than solves 2.4x issues.
Unfortunately, not only in materials and texture settings...