[Bf-committers] fracture script documentation

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Fri Oct 16 23:23:15 CEST 2009

Hello,
since there seem to be plans to integrate some kind of mesh fracture code into blender,
I decided to write a little text about what I integrated in the 'fractureme' script which I used to do
these animations:
http://plant.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/crackme.htm
while the script itself is to be found here:
http://plant.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/dwnflz/crackme/

I am not planning to port this code soon, since I have a combination of hardware+os where
blender 2.5 doesn't work at all, that's why I decided to write up this little documentation
to help understand what I used and how it could possibly be used to simulate fractures in
an artist-friendly but not physics based way.
The code itself is very primitive, but It surprisingly does what some rather expensive fracturing tools do.

The docs are here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Fractureme

If there would be any questions, feel free to contact me.
cheers
Vilda n.