[Bf-committers] Blender Network Rendering in Erlang

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Oct 6 13:11:02 CEST 2009

Campbell Barton kirjoitti:
> Though if you want a high level of integration (inspect blender data,
> use internal api calls) you'll need to have that part written in
> python. Doubt Erlang bindings would be accepted in trunk.

The idea was to use the C foreign function interface (FFI) of Erlang to
call Blender, not needing bindings.

Python has that too, ctypes from already py 2.3 times and in the
standard library since 2.5. I don't know if anyone has tried using
ctypes to call Blender internals without bindings. I don't know if/how
it can work in the embedded context, all ctypes usage that have seen
starts by loading a dll/so native library from a file to get a reference
to it and start calling functions. And Blender is not a library so there
isn't a dll/so. Perhaps there's some way though, haven't looked.

~Toni