[Bf-committers] Shapes / Shape Keys - confusing terminology

Erwin Coumans erwin.coumans at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:53:21 CET 2009

Many voted for using 'morph target', and there is a wikipedia entry
for that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morph_target_animation

"Morph target animation (or per-vertex animation) is a method of 3D
computer animationthat is sometimes used as an alternative to skeletal
animation. Morph target animation is stored as a series of vertex
positions. In each keyframe of the animation, the vertices are moved
to a different position."

What is the issue of making this name more clear Ton, why hinder this
discussion?

Thanks,
Erwin