[Bf-committers] Shapes / Shape Keys - confusing terminology

Charles Wardlaw cwardlaw at marchentertainment.com
Sun Nov 1 17:12:03 CET 2009

+1 on "blend shape" or "morph target."

-1 on "shape." If I hear shape, I think you're talking about the
object data. Hangover of terminology from Maya (transform node vs
shape node), but most of my professional Blender usage has been in
conjunction with Maya and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Since a number of things have already been renamed for 2.5, wouldn't
it be a good idea to ask the community outside the list if there are
other things they'd like clarified / renamed?

~ C

On 2009-11-01, at 8:13 AM, Mike Belanger <mikejamesbelanger at gmail.com>