[Bf-committers] Win64 problems

Daniel Genrich daniel.genrich at gmx.net
Mon May 18 00:42:04 CEST 2009

Hey,

I just wanted to inform everybody that, as, Microsoft suggests, a new
fresh installed Microsoft Windows Vista 64 with installed SP1 and all
available updates runs the Blender 2.49 RC2 out of the box with no problems.

Known problems according to Microsoft are:
- Having Vista 32 bit updated to Vista 64bit
- No SP1 installed
- Too much chaos / installed

For their own Microsoft Office Suite they suggest:
- Do fresh Vista64/XP64 install (no update, complete HD format)

Basicly, I can just confirm that Blender 2.49 RC2 binary for Win64 works
out of the box on a fresh installed system with clean HD.

Thanks
Daniel / Genscher