[Bf-committers] Fwd: Patch [#18728] Particle (newtonian) physics API for Python

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 00:57:44 CEST 2009

Hi Alberto (and other patch makers),

--- On Tue, 5/12/09, Alberto Santos Martín <dnakhain at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm developing a set of python scripts for blender as a
> project in
> order to obtain my degree.

That's great!

> This project needs a lot of variables that wasn't
> defined in the
> Python API and I've programmed It.
> I understand that the 2.49 is an important release but I
> though that
> I'll help you if I submit these patches and do this
> makes me very
> happy (seriously).

It also makes us happy that people are willing to contribute patches. :)

> The question I've is If I must stop submitting my last
> patches
> (Particles System copy, visualization and name variables)
> or submit
> and share them with the community.

You can keep submitting them for sure. While we might not end up applying them (for the reasons outlined before*), patches are always appreciated. It's a good way to get code reviews too.

So again, thanks for the patches.

Martin

* Reminder: In this case (Python API changes), we might forgo adding new functionality for stability reasons (not only are we close to shipping out, but 2.49 is supposed to be a stable release). At this point, I know that Campbell unilaterally decided to commit them anyway, but that can be discussed later...