[Bf-committers] GPL + Python, revisited

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Tue Mar 31 20:51:35 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>
> Still not much news from FSF on the topic, apparently it's not simple
> for them either.
> I proposed to them (and to this list now) to make the following
> official FAQ statement on the Blender Python license;
>
> (Explanation follows, scroll down)

Looks good to me.  I think they would have a hard time complaining with
it.  It follows the spirit of the GPL and is well defined.

Maybe one thing is in the "bindings" section
don't just assume they are binding to GPL but have a statement that
says something more generic like, if you are using bindings your subject
to whatever licenses the software you are binding to are subject to.
(Then use your GPL example to clarify)

Kent