[Bf-committers] installing blender binaries after compiling via the?cmake route:-help with

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Tue Mar 10 20:50:01 CET 2009

Hi lux-integ,

I'm not a real cmake guru, so I can't fully answer this, I can give some
pointers though.

There aren't too many people that really know the cmake stuff so your
probably not going to get too much of an answer.

in general for blender you want to do something like
svn checkout blender
then mkdir build
cd build
ccmake ../blender
make

I don't know why make install isn't working but if you look at
source/creator/CMakeLists.txt
and search for POST_BUILD  you'll see all the stuff that needs to be
done.  I'm guessing you want a different command than make install,
or this is just dated and needs to be updated.

Hopefully that gets you going.

Kent