[Bf-committers] CSG - Carve GPLed

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 16:43:36 CEST 2009

Great to see!, can you give any hints as to the fastest way to prototype this?
eg - export 2 meshes in some format and run boolean then re-import the data?

I did this years ago with another boolean library to see if it was
better then blenders, disappointingly it wasn't, (k3d was using it for
a while, now they use http://www.cgal.org it seems but I couldn't find
the one I tested with, its name began with a 'g' IIRC)

Tried to compile Carve but had some problems with gcc4.4 reported as a
google code issue.

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 6:58 AM, Tobias Sargeant
<tobias.sargeant at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to drop a small note to say that I've (finally) produced
> a GPLed version of Carve, my CSG library. I originally mentioned my
> intention to to this a rather long time ago. Hopefully there's still
> some interest.
>
> The repository is here: http://code.google.com/p/carve/
>
> And thre's some info about Carve at: http://carve-csg.com/
>
> The version on code.google.com is my current development tree, so
> there may be rough edges. Having said that, it's been stable for a
> long time, so the only issues I think are likely crop up are in the
> build system - most likely with the win32 and xcode projects, as I use
> autotools for day to day work.
>
> Regards,
> Toby.

- Campbell