[Bf-committers] Official announcement on Siggraph?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 00:42:37 CEST 2009

My main concern is we release without properly reviewing the operator
and RNA names and methods of access.
This is not just a problem for devs if or extension authors if users
define their own macros.

Existing inconsistencies...
- use_foo, enable_foo
- x_foo, foo_x, foox, xfoo
- How do we manage toggle/get/set's with operators? - currently
inconsistent and undefined.

My preference is to call it a preview release, noting that the API's
are not guaranteed to be stable. (even though many wont change)

Id like to avoid releasing too early and then having to keep users
happy by keeping half baked api's and then have to make improvements
that coexist with existing attributes/operators/functions.

- Campbell