[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2009 ideas

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Feb 24 19:59:03 CET 2009

Hi all,

It's not very useful to use the SOC ideas list a a feature request page.

Suggestions there should be very obvious, fitting with the agreed or
current status of Blender and verified with the developers who maintain
the code (they have to mentor it anyway).

Ideas don't have to be 'fun' or 'cool' neither, it's better to make
simple and feasibe suggestions. There's not even exporters/importers
mentioned! Why not fix Collada? Or recode exisiting scripts with new
Python API? That's the work we need :)

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands