[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2009 ideas

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Tue Feb 24 19:19:21 CET 2009

Hi,
ideasman42 at gmail.com (2009-02-23 at 1926.21 -0800):
> > * Separate themeing code (graphics side of it) into own run time loadable themes (like GTK or QT theme engines).
>
> Ugh, do we really need this? - Id prefer to see animation tools,
> document generation, ported operators, bug fixes, unit testing...
> before GTK/QT style theming.

They idea it that it can work as test case for making other things
plugable as the same time than cleaning that part and creating some
reusable widgets or even layout mechanisms. It is separate from core
things and small, so it can be done on parallel and not compromise the
future of core things.

And it would get extra support from users due to being graphical side
(that always gets extra attention), so any quirk about how cross
plataform plugin design and maintenance would be hit earlier, to be
documented and fixed, or marked as idea to avoid in more complex and
vital systems.

GSR