[Bf-committers] Languages other then python in Blender 2.5?

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 10:06:40 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Banlu Kemiyatorn <object at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This shouldn't be a problem if an x language access blender through
> py's data/op api instead and doesn't use RNA directly as you once suggested,
> so it can access whatever available to the py context?

That would add a lot of overhead, especially as python's C API isn't
the fastest thing in the world.  Besides, in that case I think it'd
make more sense to simply make a C API and swig it in whatever
language you want, or something like that (though the problem with
swig, is you often have to make another api on top of it in the target
language.  though I suppose they may allow more customizablility
nowadays, haven't checked in years).

Joe