[Bf-committers] Blender 2.49 RC1 ahoy!

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 15:12:57 CEST 2009

Just tested the rc (after building python 2.5) and its running really slow
on 32bit linux.

Im not even shore how it could run this slow.
My debug build compiled with "-O0 -g3 -fno-inline" which I thaught was as
slow as you could build blender.

YoFrankie level_1_home.blend at 16fps in wire frame.

2.49rc1 runs the same file at 3.5 fps

Ken, do you know what might be causing this?

Users on blenderartist have been reporting slowdowns in the game engine
since 2.48 which is strange since for my own builds/test there have been
some big speedups and some files have ~double the FPS that they used to be
2.48.

--
- Campbell