[Bf-committers] Blender 2.49 RC1 ahoy!

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 14:23:19 CEST 2009

Could the linux builds have python statically linked?,
Just set WITH_BF_STATICPYTHON=1

Without this blender wont even load if the python library versions dont
match.
With staticaly linked python people can make games in the blenderplayer and
give them to someone else without worrying about the version of python
installed
(as long as they don't rely on system modules like OS, but for games this
isnt so much a problem)

I noticed this because I cant run blender rc on my system which has python
2.6.

- Campbell