[Bf-committers] Joystick Sensor works

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Wed Sep 3 11:42:03 CEST 2008

Campbell Barton schrieb:
> Hi Carsten,
> there probably isn't any many devs interested in spending too much time on this.
> My aim was to get 2 joypads playing YoFrankie which works now so Im
> not too keen to spend much longer on it.

Ok.

For the number of axis: I just connected my RC, and Blenders
getNumAxis() reports 5 Axis, the getAxisValue() still returns a List of
four values.

> If you update you current patch with the suggestions I'm happy to test
> and commit if thats ok with zaghaghi. (have 3 different joysticks for
> testing).
>> - Code: joystick sensor .pydoc is not there
> not hard but tedious :)

I will do it then. Need it for the gamekit anyway.

>> - Code/Gui: Hat controllers usually have 9 directions not 12 like a
>> watch....
> If your sure Id take your word for it ;-), easy change

Hrm. I better check then... WHY did I say 9 directions? Its EIGHT
ofcourse... 8! ;-)

At least pygame give me confirmation:
http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/joystick.html#Joystick.get_hat

They do it a bit different, but also 8 directions.

Thanks,
Carsten

--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/