[Bf-committers] Joystick Sensor works

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 07:35:27 CEST 2008

Hi Carsten,
there probably isn't any many devs interested in spending too much time on this.
My aim was to get 2 joypads playing YoFrankie which works now so Im
not too keen to spend much longer on it.

If you update you current patch with the suggestions I'm happy to test
and commit if thats ok with zaghaghi. (have 3 different joysticks for
testing).

Added some comments inline.

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Carsten Wartmann <cw at blenderbuch.de> wrote:

> - Code: joystick sensor .pydoc is not there
not hard but tedious :)

> - Code/Gui: Hat controllers usually have 9 directions not 12 like a
> watch....
If your sure Id take your word for it ;-), easy change

> - GUI: joystick "Axis" label is missleading, it is more a "stick" (4
> ways analog or not), same for "Right Axis" etc... Should be "Right, left..."
no problem...
> - Code: how many sticks (or axis) are supported per joystick? I have a
> RC controll which will provide 5 or more analog axis
SDL provides easy access.

> - GUI: the type menu (right of the new index button) is very small.
> There is more space to the right, lets use it
no problem...
> - Code: There are no functions to get the information which buttons are
> pressed or how the hat is moved
Would require blender py api have constants for joystick events. can
be done separate to other changes. would not mind helping out with
this one.