[Bf-committers] Blender 2.48a release AHOY!

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Thu Oct 23 06:43:01 CEST 2008

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Get them compile machines running!

Ok, the linux binaries are uploaded to f.b.o (this has not been a fun
day), but with caveats:

* I was not able to completely test the 32-bit blenderplayer OpenGL
binaries, or at least I'm not sure I tested then correctly.  Dynamic
seem OK, but static only worked if I set "Blender Multitextured
Materials" and then things looked crappy.
* I had to test the 64-bit binaries on another machine which has an ATI
video card.  Static OpenGL worked fine, but dynamic crashed on the
following files (immediate crash on loading, never even made it to the
splash screen):
  fluidsim.blend
  faceselectmode.blend
  group-duplicate.blend
  icetest.blend
  radioroom.blend
  sculpt.blend
  weight-paint_test.blend
  gimpact.blend
  webskategirl_bullet.blend

It might have been something specific to that machine, but I won't be
able to test on my devel 64-bit machine for another 13 hours or so (10am
PST).  Wasn't able to test blenderplayer at all on this machine.

Ken