[Bf-committers] Patch 12799 submitted

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Sat May 24 10:01:58 CEST 2008

I've submitted the patch 12799 that fixes a problem in the ghost code
that was preventing the use of quad buffer stereo mode under Windows -
only useful with the blenderplayer as quad buffer mode is disabled when
playing the game in the 3D view.
While testing this, I noticed a very annoying problem when the graphic
card has quad buffer enabled (nVidia quaro FX 370, Windows XP): the 3D
view and other windows display correctly but all the menus flicker
horribly when displayed, despite the fact that the chosen pixel format
at startup is of non-stereo type (the patch takes care about that).
Is it a bug of the nVidia openGL driver or something specific to the way
the menus are displayed?

Benoit