[Bf-committers] SoC 2008 proposal : online repository protocol and implementation for any asset

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Sun Mar 30 00:47:02 CET 2008

Sounds like a great idea.
I'm no blender developer, I'm just reading this ML. But I have this to suggest:
Maybe you could use the GetHotNewStuff Spec from freedesktop.org:
http://ghns.freedesktop.org/

That way you would use a free desktop "standard" and there would already be
implementations for the protocol (server and client side). Maybe there will be
something similar to kde-apps.org but for blender in the future?