[Bf-committers] BGE instability

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Sat Jul 12 00:50:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

Back home, I did a full recompile and didn't see any instability
anymore. It looks like the problem came from an incomplete build: I
trusted MVSC to determine what needed to be recompiled after the merge
with the changes from revision 15367 to 15424. Will do more
experimentations but it seems that the problem is gone, sorry for the
noise.
I was having a great variety of crashes, many were actually runtime
breakpoints: in debug mode, MSVC implements many runtime checks on
memory; it slows down execution a bit but helps finding memory
corruptions. I was running with (less) and without (more crash) display
list, on an Intel graphic card under Windows32.