[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [13270] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender/editors/screen: * First working version of a new split tool for areas.

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Jan 17 19:42:04 CET 2008

Diego Hernan Borghetti wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Chris Want wrote:
>> How am I making assumptions? I am stating that things are getting
>> committed without discussion, and this is clearly not just an
>> assumption. There isn't even a wiki page describing why this
>> feature is better.
>
> In my opinion, the assumptions is that you think that this replace the old
> style, like Nathan say "this is still much testing of the new system".
>
> This is simple a new idea that Nathan want try and help to test
> "how and what" the new event system can do, this don't mean that
> is a "new feature" to replace the old system.

Hi Diego,

My personal feeling is that it would be better to test the new
under-the-hood event changes by doing the boring work of reimplementing
essential things like buttons, rather than turning this branch into a
tupointfivepuu of fun little UI experiments. It's not my call, but
I would rather see this branch focused on solid, planned, discussed
and documented architectural changes.

Regards,
Chris