[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [13270] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender/editors/screen: * First working version of a new split tool for areas.

Diego Hernan Borghetti bdiego at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 19:12:00 CET 2008

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Chris Want wrote:

>>> So this gets pushed down the pipe with absolutely no discussion,
>>> other than somebody made some pictures of how it should work?
>>>

>> I'm open for discussion. Also, don't forget that this is still much
>> testing of the new system, too. So speak up with good suggestions and
>> proposals (this is for everyone), so that these kind of threads can be
>> useful too. Just complaining and making assumptions will help nobody.
>
> How am I making assumptions? I am stating that things are getting
> committed without discussion, and this is clearly not just an
> assumption. There isn't even a wiki page describing why this
> feature is better.

In my opinion, the assumptions is that you think that this replace the old
style, like Nathan say "this is still much testing of the new system".

This is simple a new idea that Nathan want try and help to test
"how and what" the new event system can do, this don't mean that
is a "new feature" to replace the old system.

> My proposal is the old way -- it worked just fine. I don't see how
> the new system is more advantageous from an ergonomic stand point
> (having to point the mouse in one small specific area of the window,
> trying to aim clear of other widgets). And furthermore, if it ain't
> broke, don't fix it.
>
> The only advantage I can see is this new system looks cooler (and
> even that's debatable, with the over-crowded widgets).
>
>> Anyway, I'm pretty excited about the new event system, it seems to
>> have great potential. I hope that we get good discussion about this
>> new work.
>
> Assuming we actually get discussion. I'm excited about an overhaul
> of the event system too, but that should primarily be "under the hood"
> and shouldn't automatically mean we make changes to a fast, efficient
> user interface.
>
> Chris

 			Diego