[Bf-committers] integrating to desktops (Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [13063] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_window.c: Removed silly Global windowstate variable.)

Chris Burt desoto at exenex.com
Fri Jan 4 19:50:11 CET 2008

As a user who follows this mailing list as closely as I can, I wanted
to offer an "outside" perspective. Perhaps it won't be useful for the
discussion, but I wanted to state that I, for one, like Blender's way
of doing things and find the file selection dialogs of GTK and Windows
etc. to be disorganized, and inefficient.

If it came down to a vote, I would vote that Blender continue to use
its own native file selector, which although could use improvement,
feels to me like a solid and simple way of getting things done. As a
user, I feel as though the addition of an OS native dialog box would
add inconsistency to Blender, and in my opinion this should be avoided
at all costs.

--Chris