[Bf-committers] integrating to desktops (Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [13063] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_window.c: Removed silly Global windowstate variable.)

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Jan 4 18:30:38 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 06:17:08AM +0200, Toni Alatalo wrote:

One problem you run into trying to mix widget toolkits is that most of
them like to have their own event loop.  A lesser, but not
insignificant problem is the maintenance overhead of multi-OS GUIs.

I know Free Desktop is trying to bridge the gap between kde, gnome and
other Xll desktops, but I'm really not familiar with it.  Supporting
open standards is good, but this leaves out Windows and possibly(?)
OSX.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net